Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wednesday's Website

Wow - these snow days are really getting me off track!  Finally, back to the grind tomorrow...even though it's Friday...  Hopefully, we'll have a full week of school next week.  We've used ALL of our allotted snow days plus one.  There's extra school time in our future!

Today, I've decided to share one of my favorite sites...as far as helping you get rid of "stuff" and saving some money on some items that you want.  I discovered FREECYCLE.ORG last year when I wanted an Staples "EASY BUTTON" for my classroom.  I wanted to use it during  my reading groups and math board times as an incentive for student participation.  This was one of my first "wanted" posts.  Within a couple of days...I had two generous offers!  I took them both...one for my reading table and one for my math board!  My students LoVeD them last year and they LoVe them this year.  Plus, I saved around $12 since I didn't have to purchase them. 

So, if you have some odd and end items that you would like for your classroom...this is a great place to start searching!  Plus, if you have other items you would like to have or pass along...this is a great avenue.

No comments :

Post a Comment