Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday's Tip

The Thematic/Monthly Box

After a couple years of teaching, I really needed a way to organize all the resources fellow teachers had provided to help me get started.  It seemed to take hours just to plan for a single day's lessons because I would scour through books and files looking for special activities.  So, I purchased several plastic tubs with lids. As I planned and taught a particular theme, I gathered handouts, books, activities, manipulatives, etc. and threw it all in the labeled tubs.  I have one for each month of the school year.  Other labels include - frogs and amphibians, reptiles, weather, oceans, All About Me, space, Native Americans, plants, and penguins.  This has simplified by planning, organized my closet, and proven a tremendous timesaver!

No comments :

Post a Comment