Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday's Thought

I'm reminded today of WHY I love to teach...my students are currently working on Geometry in our math series.  Well, some of the lessons have been rather "abstract".  However, our lesson on pyramids today was very hands-on...Yay, my style of teaching!  As we were using our 8 straws and 12 twist ties each to construct a pyramid, I heard numerous comments that made me smile and caused me to really think.  The following words from several students make all my efforts worthwhile:

1. "Wow!  This is fun!"
2. "Thank you for letting us do this today."
3. "Oh man!  This is so cool!"
4. "Can we do this again tomorrow?"
5. "Can we try to make the other ones listed in the book?"
6. "I'm going to make another one at home. Yeah, me too!"
7. "I really like doing this."
8. "Can we take these home?  I don't want to leave mine here!"


Excitement...is WHY I became a teacher.  As a child, I HaTeD school...in any shape, form, or fashion.  But, for some odd reason, I wanted to become a teacher!  Now, I love it...despite the disadvantages we all experience...  Days like today make me know I'm in the right place!

Do you have a thought you'd like to share with us?  Please ShArE!!

No comments :

Post a Comment