Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Monday's Moment



Well, we headed back to school today for inservice sessions.  The temperatures were around 20 degrees and the snow was steadily falling.  Boy, did I want to just curl up on the couch with my kids all day.  We could have spent the day coloring, reading, and napping!  Instead, I headed out the door...reluctantly.

My first couple of sessions seemed to fly by...thank goodness, since my stomach was telling me it was lunchtime.  To my surprise, when I stepped out the door, it looked like a winter wonderland.  My plans of going home to have lunch with my children were exchanged for a trip to the grocery...since I hadn't been in nearly two weeks.  I couldn't bare the thought of being "snowed in" with an empty fridge.

After my 45 minute fly through to get the essentials, I walked out and realized that someone had turned off the snow buckets and employed the sun...there was NOT one drop of snow left!  So, I stopped to get some lunch to scarf down on the way back to my afternoon inservice sessions.  The Monday Moment came as I attempted to roll my power window BACK UP.  Well, it wouldn't budge...ugh!  Okay...so, I'm going to be late AND I have to ride through town with my window down...and it's 20 degrees???

The groceries rested nicely in a cold car while I finished my sessions...and to no avail, the window remained down on the way home.  My fix-it husband discovered the power window motor was shot.  Not an easy fix, but at least not expensive.  For the mean time, I must drive around town with duct tape holding my window up...hmmmmm.  I hope this isn't an example of all Mondays in 2010.


No comments :

Post a Comment