Monday, July 8, 2013

Blog REopening...I hope!


A few of my favorite things...

Ok, so I took a MUCH longer break than anticipated...3 years and some odd months to be more exact.  It's truly amazing how living life with your children and following the "rat race" really burns up time.  I had no idea 3 years had passed...

Much has happened in 3 years...as I am sure it has with everyone.  I'm now teaching 4th grade math and science, and have begun having health problems as a result of stress.   The "RE" opening of this blog is in hopes of adding more stress sharing my insights with others and in turn generating a few dollars through ads for our family to enjoy exploring and discovering this world together.

I'm still passionate about and  LOVE, LoVe, lOvE teaching, but have discovered that I'm not so sure about continuing my career in a public school setting.  The demands are difficult to achieve and the resources are shrinking yearly, monthly, and almost daily throughout the school year.  I'm searching for what my mom calls, "a happy medium", so that teaching isn't ALL consuming.  I took a step back about a year ago when my 7 year old asked me how many more days of school there was, and as I answered "only 10", she quickly replied with..."You mean only 10 more days then you will be able to play with us again?".  That was heart wrenching and still is...  But, then I began to notice...school was everywhere... in our family van, in my purse, in my living room, on my kitchen table, in my bedroom, on my mind, and yes...for heaven's sake I even take it to the bathroom with me.  Ugh, that was a wake up call.

Teaching is NOT an 8-3 job as most people think.  It isn't for the faint at heart.  IT IS WORK... and it NEVER ends...not even during my much loved summer breaks.  I am still required to attend inservice classes, develop curriculum, answer emails, prepare my classroom, etc.  I am required to show professionalism even in the midst of a tumultuous parent that calls me names, threatens to fight me, and then talks trash about me simply because he/she doesn't understand the curriculum requirements to which I must adhere.

I've recently had mixed feelings about finding another career path, but then realize I am a teacher at heart!  I teach everyday...my kids, my students, my Bible class students, myself!  I've even recently applied for another job that is teaching families, not just 4th grade math and science to a select few students I'm privileged to get to know.  I want this new "RE"vamped blog to teach others...whoever may stop by.  I hope to, in the future, transfer this blog to another hosting site as I learn about the blogging world.  Please...be patient as I will be SLOW while figuring out the directions to travel.  But, I'm inviting you to take this journey with me!


No comments :

Post a Comment