Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday's Thought

"  I like coming to school now!" 
This made my day, FIRST thing this morning!  The above quote came from one of my struggling students, who has gained nearly a whole year in reading and math, but remains unprepared for promotion.  THIS is why I teach!!!  I love to watch the transformations that happen in those 180 days.
I'm really NOT sure why this precious child just "now" likes coming to school.  I'm still teaching the same ways and maintaining the same routines.  But, I've noticed many more smiles and interest in the last several weeks, even if an answer is incorrect.  I will probably never know the impact I've had on this child's life, but I hope and pray my few days have helped mold what this child will become.  Little does this innocent child know that one of this week's vocabulary words, HONOR, was put into action with that simple statement above!

No comments :

Post a Comment