Monday, March 8, 2010

Special Days for March 7-13th

Ok - so I'm STILL running a little behind.  I'm barely keeping my head above the water right now.  Think I'll repeat Thursday's Thought - Whew!  Praying for this week to be a little calmer...
 )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

This is GIRL SCOUT Week!  This is the season for Girl Scout cookies.  Yum!  Be sure to support your local troops and stock up your freezer so you can enjoy those cookies ALL year.
 


Wednesday, March 10th is Harriet Tubman Day
 
I'll have to say I've only touched on Harriet Tubman each year during Black History Month.  So, who was Harriet Tubman?  She was a Civil War Spy that helped slaves get to free areas of our country.  Click here for a nice biography that is kid friendly.  Here is a very kid friendly site with all sorts of activities regarding Ms. Tubman.  I like to read Follow the Drinking Gourd since this book is about slaves escaping to freedom.  Teachervision.com has a several pages of Harriet Tubman printables for the younger students.  (You can get 3 items free, but anymore and you have to sign up.)  Please, share how you study about Harriet Tubman!



Thursday, March 11th is Johnny Appleseed Day
The resources for an apple day are endless...

Please, everyone share YOUR apple day fun!
Don't forget to include some links!

No comments :

Post a Comment