Thursday, December 31, 2009

Snow Themed Food Fun

Mashed Potato Snowman



Now this is way too cute!  After the sugar buzz of the holidays is over, give this little guy a try.  Mashed potatoes are just plain fun anyway.  And, how often is playing with food welcomed?  When our first "snow day" rolls around, my four children and I are going to dig in!  I'm not brave enough to try this one with twenty 2nd graders!  Click the link below for the recipe.

Posted using ShareThis



Banana Snowman on a Stick


While we are in the mood for some snow and healthy food... how about some fruit to go with the mashed potatoes?  My children LoVe to cook, so I guess our healthy lunch menu is planned for our first snow day!  This is one that I would definitely try with my students, too.  It would be an engaging "hands-on" addition to any winter unit.  Click the link below for the recipe.



Sweet Tortilla Snowflakes


Okay, so I guess you can eat the REAL ones, too.  But, this recipe sounds like more fun and not too sweet.  You will definitely want to practice the art of cutting snowflakes from paper first.  Homemade snowflakes decorating our windows during the month of January has always been a tradition at my house.  My husband is "in charge" of that fun-filled activity.  However, I prefer the idea of eating them and I'm sure my children would, too!  For school use, I would simply sprinkle some powdered sugar on top rather than the other ingredients.  Click below for the recipe.

No comments :

Post a Comment